An Important Message About Public Health
IMPORTANT PUBLIC NOTICE Tuesday, March 10, 2020
On Monday, March 9, a Washington County, MD task group comprised of representatives of Washington County Health Department, Washington County Emergency Services, Washington County Public Schools, and others, held a public information briefing to advise area citizens on precautions pertaining to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County (MFA-WC) is taking precautions to keep the public safe, following advice from Washington County officials and other public safety sources.
The Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County is open to the public following its usual hours, and no activities have been cancelled.
Museum Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 10-5; Saturday, 10-4; Sunday 1-5; Closed Mondays
The Museum is keeping abreast of local, state and national news relative to the virus and will keep the public informed of changes.
As always, we welcome visitors to the museum and recognize that the value of experiencing works of art in a safe place is central to the MFA-WC’s mission, vision, and core values.
The MFA-WC is taking precautions to keep the museum safe, as follows:
- Frequent cleaning of door handles and other frequently touched places in the public areas of the Museum.
- Frequent cleaning of public spaces including galleries, the Atrium, the art classroom, and meeting rooms.
- Providing hand sanitizer (as it is available) in the lobby
- Posting signs in the building reminding the public to:
- Wash hands frequently, using the 20 second, soap and water method. Make sure hands are dried.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Use hand sanitizer, if available.