POSTPONED to Saturday, June 20, 2020
Call for Artists: Photography
Photo Marathon – Saturday, June 20, 2020, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Click here to go to the Washington County Arts Council for submission guidelines. ALL images must be submitted through the Washington County Arts Council.
CALL FOR ARTISTS:
Photographers of all experience levels are welcome to join in on this exciting urban photographic adventure co-sponsored by the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County (MFA-WC), the City of Hagerstown, and the Washington County Arts Council (WCAC).
Ten winners of the Photo Marathon will have their photographs featured 3’ x 3’ panels on the Hagerstown Cultural Trail. The winning Photo Marathon photos will be located along the restored artistic masonry wall on Lee Street.
All photographs must be in Black & White Format.
In addition, 11 Honorable Mentions will have a 6” x 6” image included on a utility pole wrap, also on Lee Street. All photos will be juried by a volunteer group of professionals, award winning photographers, and educators. Judging of the photographs will take place after the event and participants will be notified by the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County by email. Winners will be announced, and photos will be on display beginning in July 2020.
On you mark, get set, go! – Saturday, June 20, 2020, at 10 a.m.
- The MFA-WC will announce five categories for the Photo-Marathon. The categories will also be posted that morning on Facebook and Instagram.
- All participants meet at the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County, 401 Museum Drive in City Park, the day of the event to acquire the categories and review the guidelines.
- All photos must be shot in Hagerstown (corporate limits) on the day of the event.
- Digital cameras and mobile phones will be permitted.
- Entrants will have 12 hours to dash through the City of Hagerstown (corporate limits) and capture a glimpse into the community, neighborhoods, and the town.
- 10:00 PM Deadline for edited and uploaded photographs.
- Only Black & White photographs will be accepted.
- Participants may only submit one photo per category. Photos must be labeled by category. No photos with watermarks will be accepted.