Call for Artists: Photography
Photo Marathon – Saturday, June 20, 2020, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Rain date: Sunday, June 21
The 5 categories are:
1. Close up
2. Out of place
3. Passing time
Click here to go to the Washington County Arts Council for submission guidelines. ALL images must be submitted through the Washington County Arts Council.
CALL FOR ARTISTS:
Photographers of all experience levels are welcome to join in on this exciting urban photographic adventure co-sponsored by the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County (MFA-WC), the City of Hagerstown, and the Washington County Arts Council (WCAC).
Ten winners of the Photo Marathon will have their photographs featured 3’ x 3’ panels on the Hagerstown Cultural Trail. The winning Photo Marathon photos will be located along the restored artistic masonry wall on Lee Street.
All photographs must be in Black & White Format.
In addition, 11 Honorable Mentions will have a 6” x 6” image included on a utility pole wrap, also on Lee Street. All photos will be juried by a volunteer group of professionals, award winning photographers, and educators. Judging of the photographs will take place after the event and participants will be notified by the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County by email. Winners will be announced, and photos will be on display beginning in July 2020.
On you mark, get set, go! – Saturday, June 20, 2020, at 10 a.m.
- The MFA-WC will announce five categories for the Photo-Marathon. The categories will also be posted that morning on Facebook and Instagram.
- All photos must be shot in Hagerstown (corporate limits) on the day of the event.
- Digital cameras and mobile phones will be permitted.
- Entrants will have 12 hours to dash through the City of Hagerstown (corporate limits) and capture a glimpse into the community, neighborhoods, and the town.
- 10:00 PM Deadline for edited and uploaded photographs.
- Only Black & White photographs will be accepted.
- Participants may only submit one photo per category. Photos must be labeled by category. No photos with watermarks will be accepted.