Amazing Tablescapes 2022
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland – Creative, whimsical, and magical – these are the words that can be used to describe the fifth annual Amazing Tablescapes!
Washington County Museum of Fine Arts will again virtually host the annual fundraising event for 2022. A special ticketed virtual preview party will be Sunday, January 30, at 6 p.m. via Zoom. The public can view Amazing Tablescapes beginning Monday, February 1, through Friday, February 28, 2022, on the museum’s website at https://wcmfa.org/amazing-tablescapes/
Tablescapes are themed dinner service settings that are grand in nature and creativity. This year, there are 11 elaborately decorated tablescapes mostly created by area designers as well as international designers.
HOW DOES VIRTUAL TABLESCAPES WORK?
Once the designers create their tables, their creations are documented through photographs and video (thanks to a generous in-kind donation by Monika Wertman of Wertman Photography). The photos and videos are used to create an online exhibition and tour. Tablescapes virtual visitors can vote online through donations to the museum in support of their favorite table. Last year’s Tablescapes raised over $37,000 for the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts. Competition for the People’s Choice Award is always heated in the final hours of the event. Don’t miss the excitement!
Past People’s Choice winners are:
- 2017 — “The River” by University of Maryland-Hagerstown (Erin Harman, Mark Halsey, Tiffany Ahalt and Barbara Rushka
- 2018 — “The Selfie” by Cindy Roberts Downs
- 2019, “Neptune’s Nuisance” by Chriss Bittle
- 2021 — “Needful Things” by Dayna Gregory
The event wasn’t held in 2020.
The People’s Choice Winner receives his/her name engraved on a trophy that is topped with a tiny gold table and chairs that is on display at the museum.
HOW TO GET TICKETS AND VOTE
Tickets to the virtual preview event cost $100, which includes a special gift bag filled with locally sourced goodies. Attendees to the virtual preview reception receive two entries for a chance to win one of two watercolor paintings by the late E. Lee Weaver.
To purchase tickets to the preview reception, call Donna at 301-739-5727, or to purchase by PayPal https://wcmfa.org/amazing-tablescapes. The public can vote online for the People’s Choice Awards February 1-28. Major credit cards and PayPal are accepted. The winner will be named Thursday, March 3, during the Museum’s Annual Meeting. Sponsors are still available for tables.
The 2022 Amazing Tablescapes! is dedicated to the memory of E. Lee Weaver (1943-2021), artist, educator and devoted friend of the arts community including the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts. Be sure to check out the special table created to celebrate his memory by Don Viar. The table is sponsored by Jamison Door Company.
Additional Amazing Tablescapes! are:
- “The World is Your Oyster” by Victoria Beyer and Kandyce Douglas. Sponsored by Sherry Cramer.
- “The Women’s Club Celebrating 100 Years” by Penny Hill and Ellen Strock. Sponsored by Dr. and Mrs. Robert K. Hobbs
- “The Queens Meet for their Annual Book” by Laura Chalupka. Sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. James N. Holzapfel
- “Salute to Independence by the Looney Tunes” by Cindy Roberts Downs. Sponsored by Dr. George and Connie Manger.
- “Dessert at Gingerbread Village” by Donna Staley. Sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. David O. McCain III
- “Hatter’s Tea Party” by Hatter’s Tea Party. Sponsored by Indigo Moon Amber Sun Therapeutic Massage.
- “Precious Things” by Julian and Cindy Lee. Sponsored by Paul and Lotta Mellott.
- “Forest Friends” by Barbara Diefenderfer, Deb Lawson and Lauren Petersen. Sponsored by Hagerstown-Washington County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- “The Fairies Escaped” by Kellie Mele and Peggy Marz. Sponsored by Roger Fairbourn Real Estate.
- “Cabin Fever” by Denny Warrenfeltz and Sukey Rankin. Sponsored by Paul and Lotta Mellott.